Barbershop Harmony Society announces convention locations for 2021, 2022, and 2023!Posted on
The Barbershop Harmony Society is proud to announce our host cities for our International Conventions in 2021, 2022, and 2023.
2021 – Cleveland, OH
2022 – Charlotte, NC
2023 – Louisville, KY
These cities rose to the top in a rigorous selection process that weighed the following criteria:
- Suitability of the venue(s) for events, including contests, shows, educational sessions, meetings, social activities, and tag singing
- Proximity of the venue(s) and hotels; walkability
- City attractions, both near the convention site (restaurants, nightlife, etc.) and in the vicinity
- Ability of BHS to engage the community and make a positive impact during the convention (community engagement, MegaSing, etc.)
- Accessibility for those traveling by air and car
- Cost to participants, including travel, hotel rooms, and meals
- Cost to BHS, including venue rental and labor
Prospective host cities first submitted proposals for consideration in 2016, which were reviewed by a BHS team led by Director of Events Dusty Schleier. After extensive due diligence and site visits, five cities were invited to Harmony Hall to make their case in Spring 2017. The finalist cities were charged with presenting a plan for how they could help the BHS create an event to support our goal of “A Better World. Singing.”
“I’m really excited about our upcoming convention locations,” says Dusty Schleier. “Each one has something different and unique to offer. One city is brand new to us, one city we’re returning to after more than half a century, and the third city has changed so much since the last time we were there that it might as well be a brand new location.”
Watch the videos below to find out more about where we will be in 2021, 2022, and 2023!